you’ll be our: Platform Lead-Embedded Android Expert
you’ll be based at: IBC Knowledge Park, Bengaluru
you’ll be Aligned with: Head of Software
you’ll be a member of: Software Team
What you’ll do at Ather:
● Interact with the Product management team to understand the feature requirements and scaleup roadmap
● Creating and implementing architecture roadmap.
● Breakdown the business requirements into implementation level requirements and identify the system level impacts and dependencies to meet them
● Design Software Architecture with appropriate Business case Analyses for entire Software ecosystem of Ather viz., Vehicle systems, HMI, Charging infra, Mobile app, cloud
● Optimizing System/Sub-system architecture to deliver performance, robustness, cost and security
● Verify modularity and scalability to ensure reuse of platforms across systems.
● Transform the architect’s vision into working software
● Define vehicle level Dependencies and Boundaries of performance for systems/subsystems.
● Capture challenges at system level integration and interaction and delivers a robust system
● Lead all of the system level bug resolutions
● Represent Organization and Manage Technical Partnership with Technical Committees, Industry groups and Regulatory Bodies.
● Lead and actively participate in technical design and implementation reviews across teams and functions.
● Identify, implement, validate and benchmark non-functional requirements.
Here’s what we are looking for:
● Product development life cycle experience and strong problem solving skills are must
● Strong experience in ANDROID platform and should be able to customize the libraries
● Software communication protocols such as gRPC, MQTT, HTTP, REST, etc. is a must
● Good understanding of System fundamentals in the Linux/Android environment.
● Having worked on system level languages such as C, C++, Python, Go, etc.
● Experience in Kotlin,Embedded Android is a Must.
● Experience in Bootloaders/Board bring up, Android SDK/NDK/API is a must.
● Embedded systems experience spanning OS and non-OS environments.
● IoT experience is a plus, having worked with cloud service providers such as Google Cloud would be a plus.
● Experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
● Agile development methodology experience is a must.
● Knowledge of languages such as Java and Rust are a plus.
● Experience in hardware communication protocols such as I2C, CAN, UART, SPI etc. is a plus.
● Experience with Static Code Analyzers and Unit testing framework is a must.
● Vehicle Dashboard development experience would be a plus.
● Experience with Navigation solutions using Map service providers would be a plus.
● Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
● Prior experience leading and mentoring individuals is a plus
● The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
● Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
You bring to Ather:
● Bachelor’s/Master’s in computer science or any other equivalent degree.
● 2-12 years of experience.