you’ll be our: Principal Engineer
you’ll be based at: IBC Knowledge Park, Bengaluru
you’ll be Aligned with: Team Lead - Mechanical Engineering
you’ll be a member of:Mechanical Engineering
What you’ll do at Ather:
● Guide the Battery, Motor, Suspension and Brakes teams in solving mechanical engineering problems
● Be responsible for design quality and drive requirements, risk and interface management
● Chair design reviews and oversee periodic audits of design processes
● Assess release readiness of designs for various phases of a project
● Develop new systems/processes and maintain and modify existing systems/processes when required.
● Guide engineering team to identify engineering solution for vehicle in-house and field issues along with solving issues identified in CAE and vehicle testing
● Work with the engineering team to oversee warranty reviews and product return reviews.
● Participate in DFMEA and DFx reviews
● Identify CTQ requirements in drawings
● Mentor engineers to improve their technical competencies
Here’s what we are looking for:
● Hands-on experience in designing complex mechanical systems, assemblies, and rotary devices (turbines, transmissions, powertrain, engines, aeroplane landing systems, motors, pumps, gear box)
● Experience working on at least 3 programs from conceptualization to product launch
● Demonstrate Knowledge and understanding in the areas of design, development and product attributes with trade off analysis competency.
● Knowledge of Systems engineering practices.
● Maintain Design Maturity model process and periodically review and do changes to suit and support from design release perspective.
● Experience in creating models for predictive design
● Experience in Simulations and CAE
● Extensive understanding in Boundary/P diagram, DFMEA, design review process, and creation of test protocol to verify design
● Knowledge of DFx
● Understanding of manufacturing processes and the impact of design on manufacturing processes
● Proven experience in delivering VAVE and innovation
● Understanding of part/product pricing or should costing will be a plus
You bring to Ather:
- Bachelor's OR Master’s in Machine Design/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Mechanical design